This is another edition of Q&A with Bailey & Vince!
This week's topic will feature our favorite things about living in Kansas City. Thank you to everyone that sent us a question for this Q & A!
Are you guys from Kansas City?
We are! Vince was born in Topeka, Kansas, but moved here at a very young age. I was born here and have lived here almost my entire life. We both went away to college (Vince went to KSU and I went to Nebraska) and we didn't actually meet until after college through mutual friends.
Where do you guys work?
Vince works at an engineering company and I work at a local marketing agency. Vince studied engineering in college so his job was a no-brainer. I, on the other hand, have taken quite a route to get where I am today. I studied Spanish and Anthroplogy in undergrad before working in non-profit. Shortly after, I went after my MBA in Entrepreneurship and made the switch to the marketing industry. Who knows what's next for both of us!
Do you think you'll always stay in KC?
It's hard to say. There are a million perks to living in Kansas City (close to family and lifelong friends, affordable cost of living, great restaurants and events, central location for travel, etc.) but never say never! If the right opportunity came along, Vince and I agree that we'd love to experience what it's like to live somewhere else in the country (or world?) for a time.
What're some of your favorite restaurants in KC?
That's tough! There are so many fantastic ones to choose from. A few of our mutual favorites include:
- Lulu's Thai Noodle Shop (this, for some reason, is my comfort food)
- The Belfry (best bar in town for food and taps!)
- Joe's Kansas City (but it'll always be called Oklahoma Joe's in our hearts)
- Webster House (delicious food with a southern flair)
- Johnny Joe's (this pizza shop off the Plaza is a hidden gem)
- La Bodega (Spanish tapas and more!)
We've never been to Kansas City? What do you suggest we do if we visit?
We've got a ton of great sights and bites to fill any length of vacation! Commit this checklist to memory:
- BBQ, BBQ, BBQ
- local breweries (we have tons in the Crossroads)
- the National WWI Museum
- the Nelson-Atkins Museum
- Union Station
- the Plaza (for shopping, architecture, and fountains)
- Boulevard Brewing (sign up for a tour!)
- sports game, in this order: Sporting KC, KC Royals, KC Chiefs
These are all quintessentially KC things.
Vince and I love living in Kansas City. Shout out to all of our KC friends: What are your favorite things to do in and around Kansas City?